By: Ryan Neiman
The Joliet Admirals sunk their losing streak as they defeated the Oilmen at a score of 8-2 on Thursday night.
The Admirals are now back to their winning ways and they are now on the right path for the last playoff spot in the Midwest Collegiate League.
We break-down the box-score from Thursday’s nights victory and some key notes you should be aware of.
- Admirals bats came alive against the Oilmen as they knocked out nine hits.
- The Admirals eights runs scored tied a season high.
- Batters 1 thru 6 were combined 9 for 29 which is good for a .310 batting average.
- Eight of the nine batters for the Admirals came around to score.
- The Admirals scored eight runs despite only having four RBI’s. The Oilmen had five errors.
- Jeff Evak continues to be a speedster on the base-paths swiping his sixth stolen base on the year.
- The Admirals used four pitchers in Steve Waldrop, Brock Borgeson, Eric Littler, and Brenden Miller to preserve their 8-2 victory. They scattered ten hits, allowing only two runs, and leaving nine men left on base squandering the Oilmen’s chances of scoring. Littler ended up with the victory on the day.
- Admirals fielding contributed to ten assists.
- Jeff Evak and Ryan Kent were combined for 4-9 as they were a wonderful tandem at the top of the order for the Admirals.
Follow the Joliet Admirals on Twitter @JolietAdmirals